If you want to be successful with the Law of Attraction and manifesting you have to learn to love yourself. For me, this is a difficult concept because for my entire life I have always put others first, and I always thought that was an unselfish way to live and even prided myself on it. Now, many years later I have finally realized that this behavior is only prolonging my true happiness, and that I must learn to put myself first if I am ever going to be successful at manifesting my desires. Because, after all of the research that I have done and all of the reading and interpreting I finally discovered the key to it all….and that is self love!
If you do not love yourself you will never be able to manifest your desires, nor will you be able to become your true self, and that means you will never reach the ultimate place of happiness that so many of us are seeking. Why? Because for any of our thoughts to become our reality we must passionately believe them with an unwaivering desire, and if you do not love yourself and truly believe deep down inside that you are worthy and deserving of those desires you will not be successful in your manifesting efforts.
So, it is imperative that we all learn to love ourselves unconditionally and without judgement. Because the longer we continue to put others and their needs first the longer we continue to be out of alignment with our true selves. And, once we become aligned with our true self the Universe will begin to deliver all of our desires to us very quickly. I know this is much easier said than done, but we must all reach a place in our life where we decide to love who we are and accept all that we are without any type of negativity attached to it. Trust me, once you can conquer the self love thing you are well on your way to seeing all of your desires come to fruition.
Everything is energy, even Humans, and energy vibrates at different frequencies. If your energy is vibrating at a low frequency, then you are attracting into your energy field other low frequency vibrations. If your energy is vibrating at a high frequency, then you are attracting other high frequency vibrations into your life. Simple enough, right? Well, according to my research, in order for the Law of Attraction to begin manifesting your desires, you must learn to raise your vibration. Our ultimate goal should be to become aligned with Source energy, and in order to do that again, we must raise our vibration. If we want to start attracting positive people, things and situations into our life then we must raise our vibration. If you want to manifest abundance in any aspect of your life, be it financial, relationships, career, etc. then you must raise your vibration. It has been explained to me that all lower level souls vibrate at a low frequency and if you also vibrate at a low frequency, guess what, you are attracting those low level souls into your energy field, or life. Because remember, like attracts like!
If you want to raise your vibration below are a few examples of easy things you can do on a daily basis to help raise your vibration and keep it there:
- Become conscious of your thoughts:
Whenever negative thoughts are starting to occupy your mind all you have to do is stop, and ask yourself, “What am I feeling right now?” By asking yourself that question you are immediately aware of your thoughts and feelings, and by being more aware you are raising your vibration.
Whenever possible, sit quietly a visualize your desires. Really think about the little details and characteristics that you want to have in your life. When you visualize try to imagine that you already have what it is you so desire. By really feeling the feeling of already obtaining your desire you are instantly attracting that desire into your life.
3. Meditate Regularly:
Even if you only have 10 – 15 minutes, just take that time to quiet your mind and relax your body. By doing this daily you will start to crave this time of meditation which will increase your desire to meditate as well.
4. Be aware of your home environment:
By keeping your home free from clutter, you are also allowing your home to be filled with positive bright white light that evokes love, compassion and kindness. You can also place some sage in your doorways, or burn incense to clear out those negative entities.
5. Practice random acts of kindness:
By being kind and helping others it instantly raises your vibration. When you are feeling down or sad or angry, immediately shift your thoughts to a loved one. Maybe give them a call just to say I love you. By taking the focus off of yourself and placing it on another you are lifting your vibration enormously.
6. Be altruistic:
When you do practice random acts of kindness make sure you are not expecting anything in return. That is what altruistic means, to do for others without expecting something in return. This too is a quick way to raise your vibration and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
7. Practice compassion and forgiveness:
If someone has upset you, forgive them and wish them well because the more you brew on why they have upset you the more energy you are giving to that negative feeling. Instead, send love and light to them and clear them from your energy field. Having compassion for others is another way to raise your vibration. Try it!
8. Find something beautiful to appreciate:
Being thankful and grateful is a sure fire way to raise your vibration really quick. In the mornings when you wake, say out loud or in your head what you are thankful for that day and practice this daily. Soon, you will be filled with things to be thankful and grateful for.
9. Read and repeat affirmations daily:
Create some colorful and pretty affirmations and hang them everywhere around your house, work, or car and read and repeat them to yourself daily. Pretty soon, you won’t even need a reminder to say these easy affirmations it will just be a daily routine.
Well, I hope that helps you understand why it is important to practice raising your vibration daily. And, if any of you have anything to add please feel free. I love to hear from you.
Have a blessed day everyone!
I don’t know if all Empath’s struggle with self love or if it is just me, but I definitely have an issue with loving myself. It all sounds so silly when I actually put it into writing. I mean, I will spring into action if someone asks me to do something for them, but if it is just for me well, I tend to procrastinate or not do it at all. Why is that? I mean, obviously I love myself, but why do I care more about helping others than actually helping myself? Even the smallest of tasks can become a burden, for example cooking for myself. Rather than making myself a nice meal each evening like I would do if I had someone there to cook for, I eat something quick and cheap and call it a night. But, if I had someone to cook for then I would eagerly come home and begin preparing a scrumptious meal for the two of us. I know, I know, that sounds ridiculous, but I promise you that it is so true.
And since I have been on my spiritual journey it has been bothering me that I do not give the same urgency to helping myself that I give to helping others. Does anyone have any advice they can give me on being an Empath and learning to love yourself? Please, I welcome all comments and suggestions.
Have you ever been around someone that causes you to feel completely exhausted when they leave? Or someone who brings about a nauseous or dizzy feeling when they are around? If so, then you have experienced your energy being drained by an Energy Vampire! An energy vampire will suck you dry of all of your vibrant energy and leave you feeling completely spent. Most energy vampires are not even aware that they are zapping other people’s energy, but nevertheless, it will still leave you empty and depleted. How can we protect our energy from being siphoned by these energy vampires? I have researched this question and have finally come up with several ways in which to prevent this psychic attack.
How to prevent energy vampires from stealing your energy?
- Realize they exist. Most people who are in relationships with energy vampires are empaths. We empaths believe that everyone is good and often will stay in a toxic relationship too long while making excuses for an energy vampire. We don’t want to admit they are really in it for themselves and lack empathy so they don’t care about you. Ouch! Realizing that there are some people who are not good will help you protect yourself.
- Keep a gut instincts journal. Empaths are highly intuitive. But, after many years with an energy vampire, you can lose the ability to believe what you feel. One way you can start to re-trust your gut is to keep a Gut Instincts Journal. Pay attention to what your gut says about a person. For example, does the person engage in risky behavior or threaten self-injury? Does he or she lie, cheat, or have recurring problems with the law? Then keep track of how situations play out. Even if your vampire is compelling and charming, don’t talk yourself out of your gut instincts about a person. Be sure to pay attention to how they treat ALL of the people they encounter, such as a waitress at your local restaurant, or an entry-level employee.
- Find a reality-check friend. Be sure to have a clearheaded and trustworthy contact with “vampire radar” whom you can reach out to when you are feeling uncertain. Often this is a good friend who knows you well and who hasn’t been taken in by your vampire. Call this person whenever you’re feeling unsure about a situation.
- Put yourself first. Energy vampires will fight for control. They can also be angry and manipulative, or often passive aggressive. And, they are great at “splitting behaviors” – or pitting one person against the next. When you encounter these qualities, take a step back (or out of the room or building) and remember that you were meant to live a joyful life in which your needs and feelings count too. Then, pledge allegiance to yourself. You can say “I pledge allegiance to myself and to my soul for which I stand. I honor my goodness, my gifts, and my talent. I commit to remaining loyal to myself from this moment forward for all of my days.”
- Pat yourself on the back regularly. Most empaths give others far too much credit and deflect praise for their own contributions which we tend to downplay. Instead, pat yourself on the back regularly for who you are and for what you do well.
- Say “no.” One of the best ways to protect yourself is to minimize your interactions with a vampire. You can do this by becoming “empowered in the negative.” In other words, learn how to turn people down. Saying “no” takes practice. And, it’s all about compassion, which as an empath, you have plenty of. If you find it too difficult to say “no” at first, start by saying, “I’ll get back to you.” The main thing you need to master is stopping the knee-jerk “yes.”
- Get support. When you finally “get it” about energy vampires, you will need support – and not just from your reality-check friend. A psychotherapist who specializes in narcissistic abuse recovery can be invaluable in these situations. There are also narcissistic abuse recovery groups. If you haven’t completely split from your vampire relationship, find a couples therapist who knows how to deal with character-disordered individuals.
Emotional blockages are created by past negative experiences, unresolved emotions, self-defeating behaviours/patterns and self-limiting beliefs which are counter intentions that contribute to self-sabotage. They act as a defense mechanism to deal with deep emotional pain experienced in traumatic, destructive, and dysfunctional situations ranging from the loss of a loved one, betrayal, abuse, rejection, and so on.
How emotional blockages manifest in your life
Unfelt or suppressed emotions like anger, resentment, and guilt are dense emotions and block our energy. The emotional body is magnetic and holds on to suppressed emotions until you allow them to move, by expressing them. Unless released these emotions hinder you from raising your vibrational frequencies and can result in physical manifestations like chronic pain, anxiety, migraines, ulcers, and other forms of illness. A healthy emotional body vibrates and attracts light, which is what raises consciousness.
Triggers activate undesirable feelings like anger, fear, hurt, sadness etc. from past experiences that have been repressed. You may be triggered by a person, a situation, song, smell, color, etc. For instance, when triggered by anger you may deflect your feelings and blame another or the situation. When you react to a trigger, it is a fear-based reaction and fear has a low vibrational frequency. Most often people react in anger even if what they feel is fear; they do this to protect themselves from feeling hurt. For most people anger becomes the primary defense mechanism. It is necessary to move anger (and other negative emotions), a dense energy out of your physical and emotional body in order to attract positive experiences.
How the mind works
The mind is divided into three parts: conscious, subconscious, and unconscious mind.
The conscious mind is responsible for critical, analytical, and logical thinking. It stores temporary memory. The subconscious mind is where all of our emotions, beliefs, memories, and experiences are stored, this is our emotional mind. The unconscious mind is responsible for our behaviors and our body’s automatic responses which are influenced by the subconscious and unconscious mind. In order to resolve some of our deeper issues we need to release the ‘but’ (voice of the conscious mind) and explore what’s behind it (in the subconscious mind)
The Clearing Process
“In our journey of consciousness, we must clear the planes in ascending order: physical, emotional, mental, intellectual and spiritual” ~ John Ruskan
The clearing process begins with awareness, honesty, and openness.
It dispels the toxic emotions responsible for emotional blocks and alleviates unhealthy stress levels. It increases awareness of what you are experiencing and creates space allowing you to choose how you want to act/react to situations. This process allows you to: become mindful of your thoughts and feelings, gaining power over them; free yourself to pursue what you truly desire in life; work toward your highest potential and become the person you want to be.
The process is complete when we reach a state of acceptance, forgiveness, willingness to release and make peace with the past and ourselves (stop identifying with it).
Clearing emotional blocks involves work on all aspects of our being:
- Body – deep relaxation through breath
- Mind (conscious/intellect) – through awareness
- Emotion (subconscious/feelings) – through acceptance
- Behavior (unconscious/automatic response) – through experiencing a shift
- Spiritual (transformation) – through observing and witnessing the effects of the learning in our life
Clearing emotional blocks helps:
- Resolve past negative experiences and all (negative) associations with it
- Break unproductive habits, behaviors and beliefs
- Overcome anxiety and fear
- Transform relationships
- Stop negative thinking
- Experience mind-body connection
Make sure to come back and read my blog about how to clear your emotional blocks!